I LOOOOVVVEEEE OREOS!!!!!
Yesterday I wanted something chocolate, but it was a nice day out yesterday and I refused to use the oven so what better way to do that that to use Oreos.
I love them not only because they’re chocolate, but because they are versatile. (And maybe because they are chocolate too) I have teensy weensy cake/cookie pop obsession.
They are my all time favorite dessert. They’re just fun and easy to grab and go.
Besides, anytime you combine Oreos and cream cheese you have a DOUBLE WIN!!
Give them a try!!
- 1 Package of Oreos (approx 20)
- 4-6 oz Philadelphia cream cheese
- Candy melts (melting chocolate)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Cake Pop Sticks
- Use a food processor to crumble cookies. The entire cookie. I used a rubber spatula to make sure to push the cookies down into the blades. *If you don’t have a food processor you can put the cookies in sealed ziploc bag and use a hard object to crush the cookies as finely as possible. (Or rolling pin)*
- In a bowl, combine vanilla and softened cream cheese then stir in crushed Oreos and mix until dough forms.
- Form dough into small balls; I weighed them 30g per ball and chill in refrigerator for about 30 minutes to set.If you’re pressed for time place them in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Now all you have to do is melt your chocolate, add sticks, dip, and decorate!
I found a helpful video link to show the dipping process.
( http://youtu.be/w_mPwPROOGM )
You’ll soon be able to order an assortment of treats from When She Bakes. Check it out here. Stay tuned for updates. Don’t forget to subscribe!!